An undergraduate student shall be eligible to be a collegiate member of a chapter if the individual:
- has completed a minimum of 36 semester hours, 50 quarter hours, or the equivalent. The hours must include 6 hours of course work in areas including, but not limited to, those recognized by the American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences.
- is majoring in family and consumer sciences or one of its related areas in an institution where a chapter is established;
- ranks not lower than the highest thirty-five percent of their class in general scholarship.
- exhibits the potential for professional and community leadership;
- demonstrates a spirit of service; and,
- exemplifies character through personal integrity and professional attitude