Collegiate - Benefits
Phi U Recognizes and Rewards Academic Excellence
- Minimum Standard: Top 35% of students in Family and Consumer Sciences
and its related areas.
- Provides pin, certificate, and academic recognition.
- Phi U is a member of the Association of College Honor Societies.
Phi U Builds Social and Leadership Skills
- Identifies individuals with proven or potential professional and community service.
- Gives opportunities to build professional leadership.
- Supplies a structure for building competence in management and leadership.
- Opportunities include chapter officer positions,
chairs of committees, and district and national events.
- Provides opportunities to use professional abilities in service to others.
- Biennial Conclave provides for personal and professional growth.
- Is a source of lifetime friendship.
Phi U Supplies Opportunities for Scholarships, Fellowships, and Awards
- Undergraduate scholarships and awards and graduate fellowships
available at the national-level.
- Many scholarships and fellowships available at the chapter level.
- Alumni research grants and awards available.
Phi U has Publications
- THE CANDLE, a professional publication published twice a year, provides professional
and inspirational material - as well as an opportunity to publish your own writing.
- Local Newsletters enhance local networking.
Phi U Supports Your Career
- Provides networking with established professionals.
- Mentoring by alumni.
- Over 30 alumni chapters throughout the nation offer personal and professional
- Entrance at GS-7 level in numerous professional and technical occupations in the federal service.
For more information:
National Office: (304) 368-0612
Phi Upsilon Omicron National Office, P.O. Box 329, Fairmont, WV 26555-0329